10 reasons to come and teach in French at a Saskatchewan Francophone school
- A competitive salary grid. The salary of a teacher with a bachelor's degree in education starts at $54,440.
- Attractive working conditions. An attractive benefits package, including drug, supplementary medical, dental and disability insurance coverage, as well as a pension funds plan.
- A school board that is continuously growing. The CÉF is always looking for competent teachers to meet its needs. Opportunities to obtain a permanent position or a long-term contract upon hiring are numerous.
- Income and sales taxes are among the lowest in Canada. Despite having experienced unprecedented economic growth, Saskatchewan has maintained a low provincial sales tax of 5%, a low tax rate, low unemployment rate and offers a special tax credit for new graduates with a Canadian degree.
- Technology within reach. Each teacher is provided a Mac laptop. Integration of technology in the classroom supports student learning.
- A personalized approach in the classroom. The CÉF promotes pedagogical approaches which place the student at the center of learning.
- Professional development opportunities. The CÉF is investing the necessary resources to provide professional development opportunities and mentoring that will enable teachers to enrich their practice and access promotions.
- Increased quality of life. From the highest number of sunshine hours in Canada to reduced traffic, through diversified activities, you will find in Saskatchewan a quiet family lifestyle.
- The largest Francophone employer in the province. Through working in CÉF schools, you join a team of nearly 350 people who actively contribute to the development and strengthening of French language, culture and identity of francophone students and the francophone community.
- English comes with the territory. The possibilities to perfect you command of the English language are many when you live in Western Canada.